Click Here

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Certified Work-at-Home Mom

As the title itself, yes, I am a certified Work-At-Home Mom.

When I gave birth to my first-born, Elijah, I never imagined that he could turn my world upside down instantly. I fell in love with him the first time I saw him.

I worked as an Executive Assistant back then. I truly love my job so much because I have an awesome boss and wonderful colleagues. But when I get back after my maternity leave, I started to feel incomplete. I always miss my son. I am worried everyday when I have to leave him though he is well taken care-of my kind Mother-in-law. I don't know but the feeling of guilt always haunted me whenever I spent every single day in my office without my son. I salute all the Working Moms out there who was able to sacrifice their time away from their children for them to give their sons and daughters' the best.

 Because I can't.

I personally love to stay beside my son all the time and to witness his milestones every single day that passes by. It is our arrangement as husband and wife that I will stay at home as soon as I give birth. My husband is a family man. He was nurtured by a stay-at-home mom (SAHM) and he wants our son to be the same. I also believe that mothers are the best teachers and the best person to mold a child and nurture the home. I am also a product of a SAHM. Whatever I have now, both temporal and spiritual knowledge I owe them to my hands-on mom.
My First Born, Elijah. Taken when he turned 1 year old last December 2014.


So after 9 months I finally had the guts to pass my resignation letter. After that, the rest is sweet history. I enjoy taking care of my son full-time and serving my husband all day! But then, subconsciously I started missing something. I started missing my career and working in the office!

I am jobless for 8 months since I resigned though I truly believe that being a mother is the most busiest career in the world. Within those months I tried to search work online. I registered in different online work platforms such as Odesk (which is now known as Upwork), Remote Staff, Online Jobs Philippines and a lot more. It was never really an easy journey. I was able to be qualified as Home-based Researcher through Online Jobs Philippines but unfortunately my husband advice me not to pursue it because it will requires me to work graveyard. It made me sad because I badly want to work 'coz aside from practicing and developing my skills personally, I also want to help him in providing our daily needs.

I always prayed that someday, God will provide me a way to work home based. Later in June, my brother-in-law's friend from US contacted me to fill-in the position as Virtual Assistant. I was so overwhelmed that time because I know God granted my prayers immediately. The tasks are not heavy and the schedule is flexible. I cannot explain how happy I am when I received my first payment via Paypal! It's not that big but I am glad that I am now earning while being a mother full-time.

My first pay as Home-based Virtual Assistant


I invite every stay-at-home moms out there who's searching for home based job to not be discourage. Just continue to look and pray for it. Opportunities are everywhere especially in this digital age. Never stop learning and developing your skills and talents.

As for me, yes, I am a certified Work-at-Home Mom but just like you, I am a Mother first and foremost :)
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment